Distinguished Member Award
The Biomedical and Life Sciences Division has many distinguished members. This award affords us an opportunity to recognize a member for his/her hard work and dedication. Please take a few minutes to read the selection of criteria and then nominate one of your fellow BLSD members for this award.
- The award honors a member who has been active in the Division for at least the past four (4) years.
- Particular attention will be given to contributions to the Biomedical and Life Sciences Division.
- The following broad criteria will govern the selection process: Nominees must excel in one or more areas:
- Outstanding leadership in the Division, at meetings, and/or in committee work
- Special and notable service to the Division, such as participation in special projects
- Participation in workshops, seminars, teaching courses, public speaking activities, fund raising
- Publications and editorial contributions to Biofeedback and/or other professional literature
- Innovations in the work place
- Mentoring activities, which result in publicity and acclaim for the profession and/or the Division
- Other achievements indicating noteworthy dedication to the profession of special librarianship/information science.
- The Contributions made by the candidate shall have been made over an extended period of time and shall be deemed to have had an enduring effect on the Division and/or the profession.
Nomination ProcedureComplete the official Nomination Form. Attach documentation describing the outstanding professional achievements or contributions to the Biomedical and Life Sciences Division of SLA and to special librarianship/information sciences. Include pertinent biographical data for the nominee.
Forward the nomination form and description, in confidence, with your name, phone number and e-mail address to Howard Fuller, Awards Committee Co-Chair, no later than April 6 (prior to the SLA Conference).
Rev. June 2015