DBIO Recommended Practices - Awards Committee
Function: The Awards Committee currently administers two awards:
- Distinguished Member Award (DMA), established in 1996; and
- Winifred Sewell Prize (WSP), established in 1999.
Appointments: The term of appointment is two years, renewable once.Duties:
- Write two articles for Biofeedback and the SLA-DBIO Email List soliciting nominations for the DMA and WSP.
- Receive nominations and, after the deadline for nominations, evaluate the nominees according to the committee’s evaluation criteria for the DMA and WSP. This must be done by April 1st.
- Arrange for the preparation of certificates for the DMA and WSP recipients, and any other DBIO members the Chair designates for recognition that year.
- Arrange for checks of $250 for the DMA and WSP recipients.
- Arrange for an engraved gift for the DMA recipient and plaque for WSP recipient.
- Prepare citations for awards that Division Chair will read at Annual Business Meeting.
- Provide copies of citations for awardees.
- Notify Division Chair of awardees by April 30 each year. Division Chair will contact WSP recipient, arrange for free 1 day registration to SLA if necessary and for a ticket for recipient to the Annual Business Meeting breakfast.
- Write award recipients’ employers announcing the award. Send letters June 1.
- Prepare items for the Membership Column of Information Outlook on award/prize recipients.
- Notify award/prize recipients’ home chapters of their awards.
- Write a final Biofeedback article after the annual meeting in order to mention all awardees and to thank committee members.
- Send awardee information to the DBIO webmaster.
- Review the Awards Committee section of the Recommended Practices in February and submit corrections, revisions, and so forth to the Director for inclusion in the next revision.