DBIO Recommended Practices - Publications Committee
Function: The Committee writes or solicits articles for publication in the Division newsletter Biofeedback, coordinating with the newsletter editor who is an ex-officio member. It is responsible for developing ideas for other Division publications or contributions to the official publications of SLA.
Appointment: The Chair of the Division shall appoint the Committee Chair and a minimum two other members to assist with the activities of the committee. The term of appointment is two years, renewable once.Duties:
- Develop guidelines for contributions to Biofeedback in cooperation with the Editor.
- Solicit articles of interest or regular columns from Division members or others, to be published in Biofeedback. This committee has particular responsibility to solicit reports from members attending the Annual Conference and to coordinate the book review column of the Division newsletter.
- The Committee shall serve as a resource for members of the Division to aid with preparing and editing manuscripts or articles, particularly for SLA publications such as Information Outlook.
- To review the Publications Committee section of the Recommended Practices in February and submit corrections, revisions, and so forth to the Director for inclusion in the next edition.
- Contribute content as appropriate to the DBIO website.
- By deadline determined each year (typically January), the Committee Chair shall submit an estimated budget to the Treasurer.