DBIO Recommended Practices - Vendor Relations Committee
Function: The Committee provides a forum for the exchange of information between the Division and publishers, producers, and vendors and serves to investigate and remain current on trends in publications, products, services, and technologies that are of interest to the biomedical and life sciences information fields, both in the traditional library and rapidly changing electronic environment.
Appointment: The term of appointment is two years, renewable once. The Chair shall also serve as a liaison to the Fund Development Committee and the Program Committee.Duties:
- Maintains active and open lines of communication with publishers, vendors, and producers of those products and services that are of interest to and are used by biomedical and life sciences librarians.
- Regularly communicates information about new products, both traditional and electronic, to Division members via SLA-DBIO Email List and/or DBIO website and/or Biofeedback.
- Arranges meetings of publishers, vendors, and producers with interested Division members at the annual conference, in coordination with the Program Committee for that conference.
- Refers interested publishers, vendors and producers to the Fund Development Committee to consider fund raising activities to benefit the Division.
- Reviews the Vendor Relations Committee sections of the Recommended Practices in February and submits corrections, revisions, and so forth to the Director for inclusion in the next revision.
- By deadline determined each year (typically January), the Committee Chair shall submit an estimated budget, if needed, to the Treasurer.